Tracking down apache segfaults
Delivery ends in the middle of a PHP page. Where’s the rest of it ?
After some research, it came out that the apache logfile was reporting segfaults from the child processes. Unfortunately, this is not done in the domain’s error.log, but in
Lot of googling showed several possible causes for segfault in apache :
- PHP4 compatibility as set in httpd.conf or /etc/apache2/conf.d/…
- Conflicting Berkeley DB libraries installed. However… which subpart is using this ?
- Getting out of memory, having somewhere a malloc() returning NULL, and not catched by code (bad programming)
- Using rewrite rules and doing bad matching. This can be monitored by setting XXXXXX
- Releasing memory from recursive objects leads to memory leaks in PHP (< 5.3)